What makes this the best telescope for the money? Here’s my experience…
You can take the Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope anywhere, set it up in a matter of minutes and this powerful tool will allow you to view neighboring planets, constellations, moons and nebulae in remarkable detail.
The expertly crafted steel tripod has an integrated wedge for optimal EQ alignment and feels extremely smooth to use while observing planets.
This telescope combines exceptional user-friendliness with sophisticated features to give you an unbelievable stargazing experience.
The Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope has built-in SkyAlign telescope alignment technology. Simply chose an object from the menu and the telescope will automatically locate it for you, saving you a considerable amount of time spent on trying to locate it yourself.
Not only will this device help you find thousands of galaxies, stars, planets, and much more at the touch of a button…
If you choose to use the “Tour” feature, it will offer a tailored list of the best objects in the sky to view from your exact time and location, no matter where in the world you may be. Simply enter the date and time (along with your location) into the hand held control panel, then position the telescope towards any three bright objects in the night’s sky, and watch as the telescope does the work for you. (this is my favorite feature!)
But it doesn’t stop there…
Oh no, after the Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope finds objects for you, it will even educate you about them as well!
The Celestron NexStar 8 SE’s mirror incorporates revolutionary enhanced coatings for maximum light transmission and clarity, is GPS compatible, and comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Possibly cost. This telescope is firmly on the mid-range side as far as telescopes go, but if you love astronomy as much I do, it is definitely worth the investment.
Pros and Cons
- The Celestron Nextstar 8 SE comes with a 2 year guarantee. You can simply return the item if you are not satisfied with it.
- 8 Inches of aperture means that the details in even the faintest of celestial objects are revealed.
- The patented single fork arm mount makes the set-up quick and easy.
- Nexstar+ hand control accurately locates over 40,000 celestial objects
- SkyTour shows you the best objects currently visible.
- SkyAlign technology makes aligning your telescope a breeze.
- Can be controlled by your iPhone or iPad
- As one of Celestron’s most beloved telescopes, you will never have to worry about finding replacement parts for it.
- Some people may require time to get used to the device.
- It’s not ideal for small children to use.
- As I mentioned before, the cost is firmly mid-range but it’s a steal when it comes to great telescopes.
Still not sure whether to invest your money in this telescope? Here are some reviews from other users!
” If I had to choose between [the Celestron Nexstar 6 SE or 8 SE], I’d say go for the 8 SE, because all other things being equal, aperture rules. I checked the specs for these and you get a lot for the money.”
-Reddit User jjlava
“I’ve had absolutely no regrets with it. Setup time is maybe 5 minutes if it’s already dark out, it’s relatively light, easy to use, and gives a great view. I bought mine for nearly $1200, and it’s well worth it.”
-Reddit User brent1123
“The Celestron Nexstar 8SE is fun, powerful, and [has] really good optics. The night I first used it I used the Skyalignment and [it] worked perfectly along with auto 2 star alignment. That night I saw Saturn in really good detail, and what was surprising was I was able to see Swan Nebula and Hercules Cluster all from a heavy light polluted sky.”
-Amazon Verified Purchaser, Bammieb
“This review is for the NexStar 8 SE, the 8 inch one … Easy to put together and set up. Make sure you get the AC adapter because it eats through the batteries pretty quickly. Even though it’s an Alt- Azimuth mount (not an equatorial) it tracks objects pretty well. [talking about the attached pictures] The final result is 50 10-sec frames stacked. You can see a video of the whole thing on youtube under Nm7Pxb3jENs.”
-Amazon Verified Purchaser, Herb H
Celestron Nexstar 8 SE FAQs:
1. How long does it take to set up?
About 5 minutes, with no tools needed.
2. Do you need to be an astronomer to know how to use it?
No, celestron has tons of instructional videos on their youtube channel and each telescope comes with it’s own user manual so it’s easy for you to get the most out of your telescope.
3. How much does the Celestron Nexstar 8 SE cost?
It is not in line with Amazon policy for me to give an exact price of their products on my website because it’s subject to change, so the best way to check the current price is to visit the Amazon page itself here.
4. What if it breaks?
This Celestron comes with a free 2 year warranty, you can send in your broken telescope and have it repaired by the manufacturer themselves.
The Final Verdict…
If you’re starting your journey into astronomy for the first time, or if you’re a veteran astronomer looking for a portable scope with meticulously developed features, a Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope is a sound choice of equipment. It really doesn’t get any better than this!
4.5/5 Stars (Yeah it’s that good)
If you would like to own this phenomenal machine, I highly recommend you buy it online through Amazon here, you won’t find a new one this cheap anywhere.